Seeking new challenges as an software architect and technical advisor. Looking to work with early stage companies to help build a strong foundation with sustainable practices to make successful products.
I have 8 years of web development experience as a technical consultant for both startups and enterprise companies; working to run engineering better by coaching clients on agile practices. Prior to web development, I have 8 years of game industry experience, having participated in a variety of demanding and exciting projects. My interests and specialization are in graphics and visualization, paired with a full stack background. I look forward to and sharing my experience and ideas in a collaborative team environment.
—: PacerPro, San Francisco, CA
- Senior Software Engineer
- Worked on slicing monolithic Rails app into SOA using several Node servers (deployed to Heroku).
- Converted existing Backbone views to React.
- Replaced a polling based system with publish/subscribe using Server-Sent-Events.
—: Pivotal Labs, San Francisco, CA
- Coached and trained clients on agile software techniques, specifically XP.
- Advisor to internal and external teams on technical issues for front end development.
- Speaker at local ruby conferences and startup events.
—: Activision / Vicarious Visions, Mountain View, CA
- Member of Internal Alchemy Team, developing cross platform solutions on game consoles.
- Contributor to game teams in advisory and code roles.
- Worked on proof of concept demos to showcase technology and educate staff.
—: Intrinsic Graphics, Mountain View, CA
- Part of developer support team that worked with Alchemy customers in adapting software to meet application and game needs.
- Worked on-site and remotely with customers in building game tools and pipeline.
- Presented Alchemy at IDGA-sponsored Game Middleware conferences (2002).
—: Barking Dog Studios, Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Responsible for singleplayer missions and AI.
- Worked in adapting code and script to enhance gameplay.
Background in 3D Math and graphics, coupled with years of full stack web development. Extremely knowledgeable in front end development of thick clients and cross browser compatibility.
LanguagesJavacript, Ruby, C/C++, HTML, CSS
FrameworksReact, Backbone, jQuery, Node, Rails, OpenGL
Code Samples and Products
- Project management software for agile products.
- My personal github account with links to open source projects.
- Simon Fraser University -- Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada B.Sc, Computer Science, 2000, Certificate in Multimedia